Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Voice- Live Shows Week 2

Week 2 on The Voice and we all try to settle into the rhythm of the live shows. This week we've got Team Jessie and Team Danny all guns blazing and before we even start Tom Jones does his obligatory name drop of the week; Frank Sinatra AND Sammy Davis Jr.

The Voice 6

So Toni was first up and she was good; I'm not sure what it is about her, I think sometimes she comes across too confident on stage. Some people might like that, I don't. Will.i.am gives his first rhyme of the evening "Straight from the gate, zoom not boom."

Then we had Max with his hat and guitar, I hate hats and guitars. Ruth-Ann was next and let's be honest; she never had a chance. She really did take the place of someone better, will.i.am was right when he said that she was as good as her Blind Audition; and that was rubbish.

Hannah, who I think looks a bit like Stacey Soloman had too much going on; the curse of the dancers. The coaches really don't like the theatrics that The X Factor love. But they're going to have to up the ante at some point, ratings aren't going up so they will have to try something. I also think Holly doesn't have a very good grip on the judges; they just talk over her. 

Bo closed the show and I think she was the best performer. She has a bit of Dido about her but I think at least she is different. 

On to the results show and we have Team Will doing a group performance then Team Tom; do we really need 2 group performances? I don’t think so. Although I did like the coaches dancing around. Ruth-Ann and Toni were in the bottom 2 in Jessie’s group and Max and Hannah for Team Danny. I think Ruth-Ann and Hannah were the right people to go, they just weren’t good enough. 

Danny said “That’s not the end of Hannah Berney.” I’m willing to take that bet, Danny. 

Next week there will be 2 artists from each team leaving, that’ll hack the teams down quickly and they also get to sing with the coaches. Should be fun!

Random things…
  • I loved the cool little knock knock joke from will.i.am (still my favourite judge). 
  • Someone who I’m not a fan of is Becky; she just seems like a brat and if she went out I imagined she’d stomp her feet and throw herself on the floor.
  • “Flipped it” or “Not flipped it enough” seemed to be the phrase of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment